The C.Scope SGA2 Signal Generator is designed for use alongside a CXL2 or DXL2 Cable Avoidance Tool. Using the combination of a Signal Generator with a Cable Avoidance Tool makes the task of cable avoidance far more effective.
The C.Scope SGA2 digital Signal Generator offers new features that will enable operators to find even more buried utilities by fully optimizing the improved levels of performance on offer from the new digital CXL2 and DXL2 Cable Avoidance Tools.
Signal application techniques
SIGNAL APPLICATION TECHNIQUES The SGA2 / SGV2 offers three alternative ways to apply a Signal Generator signal:
– DIRECT CONNECTION Direct Connection allows specific pipes or cables to be individually traced, identified and their depths measured. The use of Signal Clamps, Signal Injectors and Direct Connection leads make this mode the most effective method for pinpointing pipes and cables.
– WRAPAROUND If it is difficult or inconvenient to use Direct Connection, then the Wraparound technique can be utilised to successfully energise a street or car park lighting cable.
– INDUCTION Induction allows the Signal Generator to induce a detectable and traceable signal to previously unknown, undetected or inaccessible underground metal pipes or cables.
The SGA2 / SGV2 has a One Watt Power Output to provide long distance tracing. The SGV2 has a four position power level adjustment. The SGA2 can be toggled between a high & low setting. So that the user can control how much power to use and when.
The SG2 / SGV2 have a clear audible signal output to indicate when it is in operation. There is also the facility to mute the audio if required.
Pulsed or Continuous Signal Output
The SGA2 / SGV2 offer the choice of a Pulsed or Continuous signal output enabling operators to switch to the Pulsed Mode in high interference situations and keep on tracing.
The SGA2/SGV2 Signal Generator has a large detachable accessory tray as its base. It can house not only the standard accessories (Direct Connection Leads, Earth Stake, Connection Magnets, 10m Auxiliary Earth Lead) and the Instruction Manual but also many of the optional extras such as Signal Clamps, Sondes and Signal Injectors.
Robust & durable construction
The SGA2 / SGV2’s twin wall construction is robust and durable. It also provides IP65 standard protection against dust and water ingress.
The SGA2 and SGV2 do not require periodic re-calibration, helping to significantly reduce running costs and downtime.
The SGA2 and SGV2 have a three year Warranty.
- Product name – SGA2 Signal Generator
- Part No. – ZXSGA2
- Output power – High/Low toggle up to 1 Watt.
- Product Dimensions – 360 x 180 x 230mm
- Weight – 2.0kg unit only. / 3.4kg incl. accessories.
- Batteries – 4 x D (LR20) alkaline batteries typically giving up to 30 hours intermittent use at 20C. Compatible with NiMH rechargeable batteries.
- Temperature range – -20C to +50C
- IP Rating – IP65
- Approvals – CE , EN300-330, EN301-489
- Warranty – Three years (Conditions apply).
- One Watt adjustable Power Output
- New 33+131kHz simultaneous Signal Output
- Pulsed or Continuous Output Signal
- Three Signal Application Techniques
- Direct Connection
- Accessory Tray
- No Periodic Calibration required
- Three year Warranty