The new C.Scope MXT2 Transmitter is the ideal partner for the MXL2 Locator. The range of operating frequencies and adjustable power output is designed to make the MXL2 and MXT2 an extremely versatile combination for pipe and cable location that can tackle many varied locating tasks.
The MXT2 Transmitter from C.Scope has been designed to set a new performance benchmark. It is loaded with new features to help detect, trace and identify specific buried pipes and cables more effectively, reliably and accurately even in areas of high service density.
The MXT2 Transmitter is a multi-frequency, high power Transmitter that is especially useful for the utility technician. Operating via either Direct Connection or Induction, and with three signal frequencies to choose from, including a simultaneous 33+131kHz, the MXT2 facilitates more versatile distance tracing than previously possible.
Signal application techniques
The MXT2 offers three alternative ways to apply a Transmitter signal:
- DIRECT CONNECTION – allows specific pipes or cables to be individually traced, identified and their depths measured. The use of Signal Clamps, Signal Injectors and Direct Connection leads make this mode the most effective method for pinpointing pipes and cables.
- WRAPAROUND If it is difficult or inconvenient to use Direct Connection, then the Wraparound technique can be utilized to successfully energize a street or car park lighting cable.
- INDUCTION -allows the Transmitter to induce a detectable and traceable signal to previously unknown, undetected or inaccessible underground metal pipes or cables.
LCD clear digital display
The MXT2 has a large, clear and easy-to-read backlit LCD mounted behind a tough protective polycarbonate lens. The display indicates clear information about the functions selected, the power level being used, the battery condition and the quality of connection achieved.
The MXT2 Transmitter has a 4-level adjustable One Watt Power Output to provide longer distance tracing.
The MXT2 has a clear audible signal output to indicate when it is in operation. There is also the facility to mute the audio if required.
Pulsed or Continuous Signal Output
The MXT2 offers the choice of a Pulsed or Continuous signal output enabling operators to switch to the Pulsed Mode in high interference situations and keep on tracing.
The MXT2 Transmitter has a large detachable accessory tray as its base. It can house not only the standard accessories (Direct Connection Leads, Earth Stake, Connection Magnets, 10m Auxiliary Earth Lead) and the Instruction Manual but also many of the optional extras such as Signal Clamps, Sondes and Signal Injectors.
Robust & durable construction
The MXT2’s twin wall construction is robust and durable. It also provides IP65 standard of protection against dust and water ingress.
The SGA2 and SGV2 do not require periodic re-calibration, helping to significantly reduce running costs and downtime.
The MXT2 has a three year Warranty.
- Product name – MXT2 Transmitter
- Part No. – MXL2 Locator – ZXMXT2
- Output power – Switchable through four levels up to a maximum of One Watt.
- Product Dimensions – 360 x 180 x 230mm
- Weight – 2.0Kg unit only. / 3.4Kg incl. accessories.
- Batteries – 4 x D (LR20) alkaline batteries typically giving up to 30 hours intermittent use at 20C. Compatible with NiMH rechargeable batteries.
- Temperature Range – -20C to +50C
- IP Rating – IP65
- Approvals – CE, EN300-330, EN301-489
- Warranty – Three years (Conditions apply).
- One Watt 4-level adjustable Power Output
- Three Signal Outputs
- New simultaneous 33+131kHz Signal
- 8kHz Signal
- 512/640Hz Signal
- Pulsed or Continuous Output Signal
- Three Signal Application Techniques
- Direct Connection
- High-resolution Liquid Crystal Display
- Accessory Tray
- No periodic calibration required
- Three year Warranty.